Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02.txt> (MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection to Match the Operational Expectations of SDH, OTN and Ethernet Transport Network Operators) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:56:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection to Match the
   Operational Expectations of SDH, OTN and Ethernet Transport Network
   Operators'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes alternate mechanisms to perform some of the
   sub-functions of MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) linear protection
   defined in RFC 6378, and also defines additional mechanisms.  The
   purpose of these alternate and additional mechanisms is to provide
   operator control and experience that more closely models the behavior
   of linear protection seen in other transport networks.

   This document also introduces capabilities and modes for linear
   protection.  A capability is an individual behavior, and a mode is a
   particular combination of capabilities.  Two modes are defined in
   this document: Protection State Coordination (PSC) mode and Automatic
   Protection Switching (APS) mode.

   This document describes the behavior of the PSC protocol including
   priority logic and state machine when all the capabilities associated
   with the APS mode are enabled.

   This document updates RFC 6378 in that the capability advertisement
   method defined here is an addition to that document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2306/