Subject: [mpls] New (02) version of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu

From: "Ryoo, Jeong-dong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 05:01:32 +0000

Dear all,

The 02 version of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu has been uploaded.
In this version, the Authors of this document have been able to accommodate all the comments raised during the MPLS WG LC
except the one on the version number change from Yaacov.
Thanks for those who sent their comments to the WG list or to the authors off the list.

Best regards,

Jeong-dong

________________________________
From : "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent : 2014-02-09 13:51:08 ( +09:00 )
To : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject : [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

Title : MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection to Match the Operational Expectations of SDH, OTN and Ethernet Transport Network Operators
Authors : Jeong-dong Ryoo
Eric Gray
Huub van Helvoort
Alessandro D'Alessandro
Taesik Cheung
Eric Osborne
Filename : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02.txt
Pages : 38
Date : 2014-02-08

Abstract:
This document describes alternate mechanisms to perform some of the
sub-functions of MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) linear protection
defined in RFC 6378, and also defines additional mechanisms. The
purpose of these alternate and additional mechanisms is to provide
operator control and experience that more closely models the behavior
of linear protection seen in other transport networks.

This document also introduces capabilities and modes for linear
protection. A capability is an individual behavior, and a mode is a
particular combination of capabilities. Two modes are defined in
this document: Protection State Coordination (PSC) mode and Automatic
Protection Switching (APS) mode.

This document describes the behavior of the PSC protocol including
priority logic and state machine when all the capabilities associated
with the APS mode are enabled.

This document updates RFC 6378 in that the capability advertisement
method defined here is an addition to that document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:12:20 +0800

Jeong-dong and Eric,

Thanks for all the effort that has gone into this. Thanks also to the
authors and all who have commented on the draft while preparing it
to be sent to the IESG.

Two things now remains:

- responding to the implementation poll that we've just sent out.
   Note: I will not hold the publication request to lack of the responses
   on the implementation poll, but update the Shepherd Write-up as I get
   the responses. Please respond timely.

- I need to complete the Shepherd Write-up and hope to do that today
   authors/editors/chairs should comment on the write-up as soon as I
   send it out for review.

We are still within the schedule to deliver this on time for the SG15
meeting but we are eating up the buffer.

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair

PS

It is always possible to find the shepherd write-up's from the document
status page. In this case:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu/
Just click on the link that sasy:
Shepherd Write-Up:  Last changed 2014-xx-xx
Note you could find "work in progress".

On 2014-02-09 13:01, Ryoo, Jeong-dong wrote:
> In this version, the Authors of this document have been able to
> accommodate all the comments raised during the MPLS WG LC
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From : *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Sent : *2014-02-09 13:51:08 ( +09:00 )
> *To : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> *Cc : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> *Subject : *[mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-02.txt
>
>
> Title : MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection to Match the
> Operational Expectations of SDH, OTN and Ethernet Transport Network
> Operators

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 10:35:00 -0000

Thanks for the work which I can confirm addresses my review comments.
 
In the light of...
 
"We would also like to acknowledge explicit text provided by Loa
  Andersson and Adrian Farrel."
 
...I also confirm that I am unaware of any IPR affecting this document that is not already disclosed.
 
Adrian
 
From: mpls [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ryoo, Jeong-dong
Sent: 09 February 2014 05:02
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] New (02) version of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu
 
Dear all,

Best regards,
 
Jeong-dong

 
  _____  

Abstract:

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 18:48:55 +0800

Folks,

I want to echo Adrian!

This version address my comments, and I'm ot aware of any IPRs related
to this draft, other than those already disclosed.

/Loa

On 2014-02-09 18:35, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> *From:*mpls [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *Ryoo, Jeong-dong
> *Sent:* 09 February 2014 05:02
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [mpls] New (02) version of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu
>
> Dear all,
>

--