Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:49:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : LDP Extensions for Multi Topology
        Authors         : Quintin Zhao
                          Kamran Raza
                          Chao Zhou
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Lianyuan Li
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-11.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Multi-Topology (MT) routing is supported in IP networks with the use
   of MT aware IGPs.  In order to provide MT routing within
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Distribution Protocol
   (LDP) networks new extensions are required.

   This document describes the LDP protocol extensions required to
   support MT routing in an MPLS environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:49:36 -0000

Hi All, 

The LDP MT document was submitted to the IESG for publication late last year
but during IESG and IANA reviews a few issues arose. This new version looks
to address those outstanding issues, we (the Authors) will contact the
commentators to make sure this new revision adequately addresses their
comments. 

In summary, the new version contains the following updates:

1) Made MT Capability as global capability, and not per topology capability.

2) Fixed the use of Typed Wildcard FEC when sent in a MT Capability TLV.

3) Clarification of the Procedures (e.g., What to do if Dynamical
Announcement Capability is not supported).

4) Proposed MPLS Registry (instead of LDP one) to track MT IDs.

5) Clarified that MIB extensions are beyond this doc scope.

6) Removed mLDP MT FEC and any reference to it.

7) Expanded Security section. 

8) Clean-up of IANA section. 

A diff is also available:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-10. 

Those paying attention will see that the current version is actually version
11, the difference between v10 and v11 is the inclusion of a "Contributors"
section which was unfortunately omitted when we submitted v10.  

Br, Dan and Authors.  

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: February 14, 2014 8:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-11.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt