Subject: [mpls] [Errata Verified] RFC6371 (3956)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6371,
"Operations, Administration, and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-Based Transport Networks". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6371&eid=3956

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Liu Lin <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-04-10
Verified by: Adrian Farrel (IESG)

Section: 3.2

Original Text
-------------
      When an SPME is instantiated after the transport path has been
      instantiated, the TTL distance to the MIPs may change for the
      short-pipe model of TTL copying, and may change for the uniform
      model if the SPME is not co-routed with the original path.

Corrected Text
--------------
       When an SPME is instantiated after the transport path has been
       instantiated, the TTL distance to the MIPs may change for the
       short-pipe model, and may change for the uniform model if the
       SPME is not co-routed with the original path.

Notes
-----
The original report notes that there is no TTL copying in short-pipe model and states confusion arising from the text. The suggestion was to change it to:

      When an SPME is instantiated after the transport path has been
      instantiated, the TTL distance to the MIPs may change for the
      short-pipe model of no TTL copying, and may change for the uniform
      model if the SPME is not co-routed with the original path.

The authors point out that the TTL copying mode in short-pipe is "no copying". This is true, but leaves some potential confusion in the text.

The corrected text removes all mention of TTL copying (which is not relevant in this case).

--------------------------------------
RFC6371 (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Operations, Administration, and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-Based Transport Networks
Publication Date    : September 2011
Author(s)           : I. Busi, Ed., D. Allan, Ed.
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG