Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01.txt> (Deprecation of BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:47:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Deprecation of BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 6790 defines the BGP Entropy Label Capability attribute.
   Regrettably, it has a bug: although RFC 6790 mandates that Entropy
   Label-incapable routers must remove the attribute, in practice this
   requirement can't be guaranteed to be fulfilled.  This specification
   deprecates the attribute.  A forthcoming document will propose a
   replacement.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.