Subject: [mpls] RFC 7358 on Label Advertisement Discipline for LDP Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 14:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7358

        Title:      Label Advertisement Discipline for LDP 
                    Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) 
        Author:     K. Raza, S. Boutros,
                    L. Martini, N. Leymann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15582
        Updates:    RFC 3212, RFC 4447, RFC 5036, RFC 5918, 
                    RFC 6388, RFC 7140

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7358.txt

The label advertising behavior of an LDP speaker for a given
Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) is governed by the FEC type
and not necessarily by the LDP session's negotiated label
advertisement mode.  This document updates RFC 5036 to make that
fact clear.  It also updates RFCs 3212, 4447, 5918, 6388, and
7140 by specifying the label advertisement mode for all currently
defined LDP FEC types.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC