Subject: [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS on protocol-specific data modelling work"

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:37:42 -0800

Title: LS on protocol-specific data modelling work
Submission Date: 2015-11-02
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1436/

From:  (Hiroshi Ota <[email-masked]>)
To:  ([email-masked], Lou Berger <[email-masked]>,Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>,George Swallow <[email-masked]>,Ross Callon <[email-masked]>,Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>,Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>)
Cc: 
Response Contacts: [email-masked]
Technical Contacts: 
Purpose: For information

Body: We would like to inform you that ITU-T Q14/15 has initiated work on protocol-specific data modelling for the management of transport specific technologies, such as OTN, Carrier Ethernet and MPLS-TP. These protocol-specific data models will be developed based on the protocol-neutral UML models that are specified by Q14/15, including ITU-T G.7711/Y.1702 (generic information model), ITU-T G.874.1 for OTN, ITU-T G.8052/Y.1346 for Carrier Ethernet, and ITU-T G.8152/Y.1375 (draft) for MPLS-TP.
During the October 2015 Q14/15 interim meeting, we received a contribution for a YANG data model proposal for Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP) management. The ERP YANG data model will be progressed based on the relevant ITU-T Recommendations, including ITU-T G.8032/Y.1344 for ERP functional requirement, ITU-T G.8021/Y.1341 for Ethernet equipment functional specification, ITU-T G.8051/Y.1345 for Carrier Ethernet management requirement, and ITU-T G.8052/Y.1346 Carrier Ethernet protocol-neutral information model. We will keep you informed on the progress of this ERP YANG modelling work.

Attachments:

    SG15-LS292_WP3-427AnnF.pdf
    https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2015-11-02-itu-t-sg-15-mpls-ccamp-netmod-teas-ls-on-protocol-specific-data-modelling-work-attachment-1.pdf

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 14:04:22 +0900

Working Group,

I've have not seen this liaison coming through to the mpls list.

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Liaison Statement, "LS on protocol-specific data modelling 
work"
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:37:42 -0800
From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
To: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>, Daniele Ceccarelli 
<[email-masked]>, Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>, 
Lou Berger <[email-masked]>, George Swallow <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
CC: Common Control and Measurement Plane Discussion List 
<[email-masked]>, Ross Callon <[email-masked]>, Daniele Ceccarelli 
<[email-masked]>, Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>, 
George Swallow <[email-masked]>, Scott Mansfield 
<[email-masked]>, Lou Berger <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>, Vishnu Pavan 
Beeram <[email-masked]>, John Drake <[email-masked]>, Alia 
Atlas <[email-masked]>, Multiprotocol Label Switching Discussion List 
<[email-masked]>, Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling 
Discussion List <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Deborah Brungard 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>

From:  (Hiroshi Ota <[email-masked]>)
To:  ([email-masked], Lou Berger <[email-masked]>,Loa Andersson 
<[email-masked]>,George Swallow <[email-masked]>,Ross Callon 
<[email-masked]>,Daniele Ceccarelli 
<[email-masked]>,Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>)
Cc:
Response Contacts: [email-masked]
Technical Contacts:
Purpose: For information

Body: We would like to inform you that ITU-T Q14/15 has initiated work 
on protocol-specific data modelling for the management of transport 
specific technologies, such as OTN, Carrier Ethernet and MPLS-TP. These 
protocol-specific data models will be developed based on the 
protocol-neutral UML models that are specified by Q14/15, including 
ITU-T G.7711/Y.1702 (generic information model), ITU-T G.874.1 for OTN, 
ITU-T G.8052/Y.1346 for Carrier Ethernet, and ITU-T G.8152/Y.1375 
(draft) for MPLS-TP.
During the October 2015 Q14/15 interim meeting, we received a 
contribution for a YANG data model proposal for Ethernet Ring Protection 
(ERP) management. The ERP YANG data model will be progressed based on 
the relevant ITU-T Recommendations, including ITU-T G.8032/Y.1344 for 
ERP functional requirement, ITU-T G.8021/Y.1341 for Ethernet equipment 
functional specification, ITU-T G.8051/Y.1345 for Carrier Ethernet 
management requirement, and ITU-T G.8052/Y.1346 Carrier Ethernet 
protocol-neutral information model. We will keep you informed on the 
progress of this ERP YANG modelling work.

Attachments:

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64