Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Configuration of Proactive Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Functions for MPLS-based Transport Networks using LSP Ping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 14:06:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Configuration of Proactive Operations, Administration, and Maintenance
   (OAM) Functions for MPLS-based Transport Networks using LSP Ping'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf/

Technical Summary

 This specification describes the configuration of proactive MPLS-TP
  Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Functions for a
  given Label Switched Path (LSP) using a set of TLVs that are carried
  by the LSP-Ping protocol. In particular it specifies the mechanisms
  necessary to establish MPLS-TP OAM entities at the maintenance points
  for monitoring and performing measurements on an LSP, as well as
  defining information elements and procedures to configure proactive
  MPLS-TP OAM functions running between LERs.

Working Group Summary

 The WG process was smooth and without controversy. It was
  necessary to repeat the working group last call in order to 
  ensure sufficient review and comment.

Document Quality

  The document has been carefully reviewed and updated based on 
  review and last call comments. There is also some related 
  implementation work in progress.

Personnel

 Ross Callon is the Document Shepherd. Deborah Brungard is the 
 Responsible Area Director.