Subject: [mpls] De-chartering draft-ietf-bfd-mpls-mib

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 12:04:23 -0400

BFD and MPLS Working Groups,

Back in November of last year, BFD polled to see what should become of the
chartered work for a MIB providing MPLS extensions for the base BFD MIB.  At
that time, we didn't find any support for bringing the MIB forward for last
call.

Interest in MIBs has obviously been waning as Yang has gained popularity
within IETF.  Additionally, the operational cases covered by the MPLS
extensions to the BFD MIB apparently haven't proven compelling to the
working groups or vendors.

The BFD chairs, in consultation with the MPLS chairs, are minded to remove
this MIB from the charter.  Given that the draft is actually fairly mature
and in a state largely ready to pass last call (with a few known changes
likely to be recommended by the MIB doctors), we wanted to extend one last
comment period to both working groups before taking this action.

Please send your comments to the [email-masked] mailing list if you
believe this work should continue.

-- Jeff and Reshad