Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 18:14:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching of the IETF.

        Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) and Pseudowire (PW) Ping/Trace over MPLS Network using Entropy Labels (EL)
        Authors         : Nobo Akiya
                          George Swallow
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Sam Aldrin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-09-05

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping
   and Traceroute are methods used to test Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP)
   paths.  Ping is known as a connectivity verification method and
   Traceroute as a fault isolation method, as described in RFC 4379.
   When an LSP is signaled using the Entropy Label (EL) described in RFC
   6790, the ability for LSP Ping and Traceroute operations to discover
   and exercise ECMP paths is lost for scenarios where Label Switching
   Routers (LSRs) apply different load balancing techniques.  One such
   scenario is when some LSRs apply EL-based load balancing while other
   LSRs apply non-EL-based load balancing (e.g., IP).  Another scenario
   is when an EL-based LSP is stitched with another LSP which can be EL-
   based or non-EL-based.

   This document extends the MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute multipath
   mechanisms in RFC 6424 to allow the ability of exercising LSPs which
   make use of the EL.  This document updates RFC 6790.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/