Subject: [mpls] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:49:29 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) I think that Section 4.4. (Interaction of MRT-related LDP advertisements
with the MRT topology and computations) would benefit from a reference to
rfc5443 (LDP IGP Synchronization).

(2) From Section 5: "The associated LSPs must be created before a failure
occurs..."  Should that be a Normative MUST?