Subject: [mpls] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-06

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 03:34:25 -0700

Reviewer: Tim Chown
Review result: Ready

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document specifies extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol(LDP) for
routers to advertise MRT Capability in support of the creation of
label-switched paths for diverse Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT), primarily for
use with unicast and multicast IP/LDP Fast-Reroute.

I am not a subject matter expert in the topic, but read the MRT-FRR
architecture described in RFC 7812 before reviewing this draft. Overall the
document is well-written, and is Ready for publication.

The draft seems quite thorough, including consideration of a number of
potential interactions to ensure appropriate exchanges of MRT capabilities
consistent with RFC 5036.

In looking at the draft history, the current -06 version was published to
address the issues raised by the Routing Directorate review.  There has only
been one other update since the -04 version published a year ago.

There are a number of typos in the document that I would expect the RFC Editor
to pick up, but it would be nice to correct these before pushing the document,
e.g., "Extension" singular on page 3, or "as foll If" on page 10.

Tim