Subject: [mpls] mpls wg doc sat mpls f2f meetings

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:08:11 +0200

Working Group,

Among other things that we want to do at f2f meetings is to capture the
status of our working group documents.

We have procedure we have been running for a number of years, but there
are new authors/participants, so this is a reminder.

At a f2f meeting, like the upcoming meeting in Montreal in July, working
groups drafts are always on the agenda. There are at least two different
ways this can happen.

- the document can be put on the agenda for discussion
    -- the authors might have things they believe is best discussed in a
       f2f meeting
    -- the chairs might request that the authors discusses certain open
       issues at the f2f meeting
- the document might appear in the chairs status report
    -- this normally happens if there is nothing that needs to be
       discussed in the f2f meeting.
       In this case the authors are  required to send a short report to
       be included in the status report, for example "we have sorted out
       all the issues brought up on the mailing list and earlier
       discussions, we are now ready for wglc", would be a proper input
       for such a report.
       In the case the report gets substantially longer or more
       complicated it is likely the chairs will encourage the authors
       to bring it up in the f2f meeting.

       Tarek will send out reminders to the authors of wg document 2-3
       weeks before the meeting.

/Loa
for the mpls wg co-chairs
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64