Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label-11.txt> (Entropy label for SPRING tunnels) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 05:09:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Entropy label for SPRING
tunnels'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
   segments.  Segment Routing can be applied to the Multi Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) data plane.  Entropy label (EL) is a technique used
   in MPLS to improve load-balancing.  This document examines and
   describes how ELs are to be applied to Segment Routing MPLS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.