Subject: [mpls] WGLC for draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-yang

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:11:49 +0000

Dear Working Group,

This mail initiates the two week working group last call on draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-yang- which is considered  
mature and ready for a final working group review.

Please read this document if you haven't read the most recent version yet, and send your comments to 
the list, not later than 10th of August.

There are no IPR disclosures against draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-yang.

This working group last call ends August 10th, 2018.

Best regards

   Nic

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 10:31:52 +0000

The YANG module is deficient in a number of respects, which I have come
to think of as boiler plate issues, since they are deficient in almost
all the I-Ds from the Routing Area:-)

- RFC2119 boiler plate lacks reference to RFC8174 and you have lower
case 'should'

- NMDA is mentioned in the Introduction but it is usually called out in
the Abstract as well

- no Note to RFC Editor asking them to replace XXXX with the number
assigned to this RFC

- no Note to RFC Editor asking them to replace the four dates in the
YANG modules with the date of publication

- no YANG Version statement in the YANG modules

- no mention of the current YANG 1.1 RFC

- no reference statements for the import modules in the YANG modules and
their RFC are missing from the Normative References of the I-D

- no Informative Reference to the Tree Diagrams RFC8340

- Security Considerations do not conform to rfc6087bis and lack the
Normative References that that calls for

- you MUST have IANA Considerations else you do not have a YANG module

- the reference for
   [I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores]
is out of date

- RFC6536 has been superseded

- the reference for
[I-D.ietf-mpls-mldp-yang]
is out of date

Incidentally, the authors of
draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-yang-04
might learn something from this list.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:11 PM

> Dear Working Group,
>
> This mail initiates the two week working group last call on
draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-yang- which is considered
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls