Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Entropy label for SPRING tunnels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:33:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Entropy label for SPRING tunnels'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label/

Technical Summary

This document describes how entropy labels (EL) may be used with
Segment Routing running over an MPLS data plane. Entropy labels (EL)
is a technique used in MPLS to improve load-balancing.
Segment Routing (SR) is a technique  that uses  a source routing paradigm. 
A node (LSR) steers a packets through an ordered list of instructions, called
segments.

Working Group Summary

 There have been no controversies over this document.

Document Quality

We currently have no hard information on existing implementations.  An
implementation poll has been sent to the working group mailing list, this write-up
will be updated as soon as the implementation poll yields information.
A significant number of vendors and service providers has expressed interest in
this specification.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Anderson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard