Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07.txt> (RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for LSP Tunnels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 09:43:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute
Extensions for LSP Tunnels'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-25. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
   Traffic-Engineering (TE) procedures that are defined in RFC 4090 for
   facility backup protection.  The updates include extensions that
   reduce the amount of signaling and processing that occurs during Fast
   Reroute (FRR), and subsequently, improves scalability when undergoing
   FRR convergence after a link or node failure.  These extensions allow
   the RSVP message exchange between the Point of Local Repair (PLR) and
   the Merge Point (MP) to be independent of the number of protected
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) traversing between them when facility
   bypass FRR protection is used.  The signaling extensions are fully
   backwards compatible with nodes that do not support them.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2559/