Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 13:07:55 -0700

Dear All,
the updates in this version are to address comments from Carlos:

   - more details explaining the need for the new G-ACh type
   - changes of the mechanism to advertise the identity of a
   MultipointHead. Instead of defining the new TLV in CC/CV MEP-ID TLV
   registry, use Source Address TLV from G-ACh Advertisement Protocol: GAP TLV
   Objects (Application ID 0) registry.

Always welcome your comments, questions.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:53 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Revision:       09
Title:          BFD for Multipoint Networks over Point-to-Multi-Point MPLS
LSP
Document date:  2020-04-14
Group:          mpls
Pages:          7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-09

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for using Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for multipoint networks to detect data plane failures
   in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) point-to-multipoint (p2mp)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  It also describes the applicability of
   LSP Ping, as in-band, and the control plane, as out-band, solutions
   to bootstrap a BFD session in this environment.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat