Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 02:19:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Simple Control Protocol for MPLS SFLs
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Stewart Bryant
                          George Swallow
                          Siva Sivabalan
	Filename        : draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-06-04

Abstract:
   In draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework the concept of MPLS synonymous flow
   labels (SFL) was introduced.  This document describes a simple
   control protocol that runs over an associated control header to
   request, withdraw, and extend the lifetime of such labels.  It is not
   the only control protocol that moght be used to support SFL, but it
   has the benefit of being able to be used without modifying of the
   existing MPLS control prodocols.  The existance of this design is not
   intended to restrict the ability to enhance an existing MPLS control
   protocol to add a similar capability.

   A Querier MUST wait a configured time (suggested wait of 60 seconds)
   before re-attempting a Withdraw request.  No more than three Withdraw
   requests SHOULD be made.  These restricctions are to prevent
   overloading the control plane of the actioning router.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-control-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/