Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'RFC6374 Synonymous Flow Labels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-rfc6374-sfl-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 17:05:24 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RFC6374 Synonymous Flow Labels'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-rfc6374-sfl-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc6374-sfl/

Technical Summary

RFC 6374 describes methods of making loss and delay measurements on
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) primarily as used in MPLS Transport
Profile (MPLS-TP) networks.  This document describes a method of
extending RFC 6374 performance measurements from flows carried over
MPLS-TP to flows carried over generic MPLS LSPs.  In particular, it
extends the technique to allow loss and delay measurements to be made
on multi-point to point LSPs and introduces some additional
techniques to allow more sophisticated measurements to be made in
both MPLS-TP and generic MPLS networks.

Working Group Summary

The working group process has been smooth, it was unfortunately been
delayed between the wglc and requesting publication, due to a
misunderstanding where the authors and chairs were waiting and
authors were waiting for each other, and the state of the working
group process were incorrectly captured in the in the datatracker.  

Document Quality

We currently do not know of implementations, but have sent out an
implementation poll, and will update the shepherds write-up as soon as
we get more information.

The discussion that took place during the development of this document
revealed that at least 3-4 companies intend to implement.

No MIB Doctor, YANG Doctor, Media Type or other expert review outside
the working group is necessary for this document.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard