Subject: [multimob] revised IGMP/MLD extension draft

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:27:25 +0900 (JST)

Dear all,

The following revised draft was uploaded;

   IGMP and MLD Extensions for Mobile Hosts and Routers

Abstract

   This document describes IGMP and MLD protocol extensions for mobile
   hosts and routers.  IGMP and MLD are necessary protocols for hosts to
   request join or leave multicast sessions.  While the regular IGMP and
   MLD protocols support communication between mobile hosts and routers
   over wireless networks, this document discusses the conditions how
   mobile hosts and routers use IGMP and MLD in their communication more
   effectively.  Aside from a modified protocol semantic, an optional
   "Listener Hold" function for the IGMP and MLD protocol is introduced,
   which requires an extended signaling.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions-01.txt

This revised draft includes several major changes;

   * a new co-author: Thomas C. Schmidt
   * IGMP/MLD Hold and Release operations and Hold message format
   * editorial improvements

Still there are various TODOs, but the draft will improve step by
step.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda
_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob