Subject: [multimob] Documents explaining multicast in PMIPv6

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:26:42 -0700

According to our charter, we must by November have an initial version of
a document explaining the use of multicast in PMIPv6. And already by
April we should have a final version for publication.

Note that according to our charter:

   Work requiring modifications to mobility protocols and IGMPv3/MLDv2 is
   out of scope in this first stage of this working group. Modifications
   to multicast routing protocols are out of scope.

This means that the document must explain how to do multicast without
any protocol extensions.

The plan is to have the possible solutions on the table for our wg
meeting in Hiroshima, and during our meeting figure out which solution
the wg prefers.

If you want to write a draft and have it considered as a solution at the
wg meeting, you must submit it before the deadline. The deadline for new
drafts is:

   2009-10-19 (Monday): Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00)
   submission by 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC/GMT), upload using IETF ID
   Submission Tool.

If you have a draft you wish to be considered as a solution (either an
existing one, or one submitted before the above deadline), please send a
message to the mailing list no later than the above deadline.

But please note again that it must not modify any protocols. I think we
all would like to work on such solutions, but our priority is to do the
work we are currently chartered for.

Stig