Subject: [multipathtcp] FW: I-D Action:draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-01.txt

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:28:29 +0100

Hi all,

We have submitted a new version of our MPTCP design draft - please see
details below.

We have made numerous changes based upon feedback received on and off
list (including consolidating address management, removal of resync, and
many other clarifications), as well as adding new discussion about
congestion control.

This is the version we intend to present and discuss in Stockholm.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 13 July 2009 20:00
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with
Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2009-07-13

Often endpoints are connected by multiple paths, but the nature of
TCP/IP restricts communications to a single path per socket.
Resource usage within the network would be more efficient were these
multiple paths able to be used concurrently.  This should enhance
user experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.  This document presents extensions to TCP in order
to transparently provide this multi-path functionality at the
transport layer, if at least one endpoint is multi-addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-01.t
xt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:19:41 +0200

> This is the version we intend to present and discuss in Stockholm.

Hang on, I was under the impression that there wouldn't be  
presentations of the drafts in Stockholm to keep the discussion high- 
level?

---

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:18:25 +0100

Iljitsch,

Yes, my apologies, that was a poor choice of words. We will not be
_presenting_ the draft per se, however it does contain the gist of many
of the topics that I will be talking about. It also now includes some of
the congestion control aspects that Costin will be covering. As
regarding discussion - we are also, of course, very keen to discuss
anything in this draft in Stockholm, outside the BOF itself!

Regards,
Alan

> From: Iljitsch van Beijnum [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 14 July 2009 18:20
> To: Ford, Alan
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] FW: I-D
Action:draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-
> 01.txt