Subject: [multipathtcp] Time slot swap

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:12:15 +0200

Lars, Magnus,

The MPTCP BoF has been moved to Wednesday morning, which gives us 90  
minutes rather than 120, while the agenda was already pretty full at  
120. There's currently only 75 minutes allocated in the 120 minute  
TSVAREA slot on Monday afternoon. Perhaps it makes sense to swap the  
two sessions?

Although then TSVAREA rather than MPTCP clashes with ICCRG...

Another option would be to ask for both the tue afternoon 3 and wed  
afternoon 2 slots for MPTCP, which would be a total of 2 hours with no  
obvious conflicts and those two slots each have less than 8 sessions  
so there should be room.

Iljitsch

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:31:50 +0200

Iljitsch van Beijnum skrev:
> TSVAREA slot on Monday afternoon. Perhaps it makes sense to swap the two
> sessions?

Wednesday morning is 2,5 hours, not 1,5 hours. So you gained half an
hour for the BOF.

> obvious conflicts and those two slots each have less than 8 sessions so
> there should be room.
> 
> Iljitsch
> 

So, is the issue the clash with ICCRG which is very unfortunate?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:35:42 -0400

This would work for me.

swb

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:37:07 +0200

> Wednesday morning is 2,5 hours, not 1,5 hours. So you gained half an

My apologies!

> So, is the issue the clash with ICCRG which is very unfortunate?

Well we are going to talk about congestion control trickery to make  
multipath fast but be too unfair (or unfair at all) towards other  
flows. Some input from the CC gurus would be helpful here.

Iljitsch

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:14:39 +0200

> obvious conflicts and those two slots each have less than 8 sessions so

What about swapping MP-TCP from Wednesday to Thursday morning to the
NFSv4 session?

Has anyone that is charing or presenting or can see that would result in
a bad conflict?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund