Subject: [multipathtcp] MPTCP WG chair volunteers

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:42:52 +0200

Hi,

I am looking for volunteers to chair the MPTCP WG when it has been
formed. My requirements on such a person is the following:

- Not a significant document contributor.
- Interest in the work and has descent understanding of the current
proposals and TCP.
- Have the time to chair the WG actively. I would guess that at least an
average of 10% of your work time will be consumed for this.
- Believes that they have funding to go to at least the next 3 IETF
meetings.

Previous chairing experience is not required. I do aim at having one
without prior experience and one with experience to co-chair this WG.

I also aim at picking chairs in time for them to have a meeting in
Hiroshima.

So if you are interested in chairing please send me an email within 2
weeks time. I appreciate if you include some details about your IETF
experience, any chairing of BOFs, WGs, etc, RFCs you been involved in
writing etc.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:08:17 +0200

Hi,

I got a comment that I probably was way too optimistic about work
commitment required here. 10% is probably true for the normal weeks,
then there is likely to be spikes where large part of the chairs time is
consumed by chairing. It is a bit difficult to predict how much work.
But I would guess that this WG will require significant work in
establishing various consensuses.

Cheers

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund skrev:
> _______________________________________________
> multipathtcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund