Subject: [multipathtcp] draft agenda for MPTCP WG Meeting

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:15:15 -0000

Here is the draft agenda, comments welcome.

1.	Intro [10mins] - Chairs (admin, Note well, IPR warning, charter
summary)
2.	Architecture [30mins] - Alan Ford /Jana Iyengar /Bryan Ford
3.	Protocol [20mins] - Alan Ford
4.	Congestion control [20mins] - Costin Raiciu
5.	Threats [15mins] - Marcelo Bagnulo
6.	Application considerations [10mins] - Michael Scharf
7.	Extended API [5mins] - Michael Scharf
8.	Host routing [10mins] - Mark Handley
9.	Implementations - proposed "corridor" meeting TBD (see below)

Please try & concentrate your presentations on architectural issues and
high-level design goals & decisions - things that we need to discuss and
agree, in order to meet our first Milestone for March 2010, "Established
WG consensus on the Architecture"

Reading:

Charter: http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/mptcp-charter.html

Architecture:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ford-mptcp-architecture-00.txt 

Protocol: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt 

Congestion control:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-raiciu-mptcp-congestion-00.txt 

Threat Analysis:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bagnulo-mptcp-threat-00.txt

Application considerations & Extended API:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-scharf-mptcp-api-00.txt 

It has also been suggested to have a "corridor" meeting, so that people
who are already implementing MPTCP plus those who may implement it can
get together to coordinate. Please coordinate with Costin
[email-masked] and we can announce /introduce it at the WG
meeting. 

Thanks

Phil & Yoshifumi

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:12:01 +0200

Hi, MIF WG,

On 2009-10-27, at 20:15, [email-masked] wrote:
> 8.  Host routing [10mins] – Mark Handley

I think this presentation (and draft draft-handley-mptcp-routing in  
general) are interesting to you as well.

Lars

---

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:07:06 +0800

Thanks for your information.

Previously I thought mp-tcp might not touch the host routing stack and
would work under the assumption that host routing being solved. This
draft talks about how MP-TCP should interact with host routing
mechanism. It is an effective way to support a MIF host. But given the
potential diversity of host routing mechanisms, we may prefer do this
in a more general way. MIF is currently working on some informational
documents, but i believe there is a need of a specific host based
routing mechanisms?

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think this presentation (and draft draft-handley-mptcp-routing in general)
> are interesting to you as well.
>
> Lars
> _______________________________________________
> mif mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mif
>
>