Subject: [multipathtcp] Fairness (draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed)

From: Dominik Kaspar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:02:38 +0200

Dear authors,

In draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed, the first paragraph of Section 5
contains the following statement: "Another effect of coupling is
fairness at bottleneck: when two MPTCP flows share a common
bottleneck, their combined throughput should not be more than that of
a single TCP flow."

Is there a typo here or did I misunderstand something?
    "two MPTCP flows" --> "two MPTCP subflows"?
    "a single TCP flow" --> "two TCP flows"?

Best regards,
Dominik

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:13:42 +0100

>    "a single TCP flow" --> "two TCP flows"?

I think it should be the former - two MPTCP subflows belonging to the
same connection shouldn't get more than a TCP flow should through the
same bottleneck.

 - Mark