Subject: [multipathtcp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:03:07 -0000

Hi all,

We now have a new version of the MPTCP protocol draft available, which will be presented in Hiroshima.

Questions and discussion very much welcome beforehand too!

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt

Cheers,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26 October 2009 21:30
To: Ford, Alan
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02

A new version of I-D, draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Alan Ford and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed
Revision:	 02
Title:		 TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
Creation_date:	 2009-10-26
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 26

Abstract:
TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
improve resource usage within the network, and thus improve user
experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.

Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
the same type of service to applications as TCP - reliable bytestream
- and provides the components necessary to establish and use multiple
TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:18:53 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ford-mptcp-multiaddressed-02.txt

   Very nicely done!

   I stumbled over the term "TCP Session" in section 1.3. I'm not sure
whether there might be a better name for that concept, but in any case
I'd recommend a "glossary" entry for whatever term is used.

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>