Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] ***SPAM*** 6.106 (5) 答复: ***SPAM*** 6.38 (5) 答复: High-level design decisions /architecture

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:08:30 -0500

lucy yong allegedly wrote on 11/03/2009 3:33 AM:
> Thanks, Yoshifumi fro the response.
> How does MPTCP determine splitting app. traffic into different subflows
> without aware of app. flows.
> Best Regards,
> Lucy 

Hi Lucy. I don't quite understand the question. MPTCP is responsible for
transport of the application flow, therefore it is quite aware of it.

---

From: Yong Lucy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:05:05 -0600

Hi Scott,

Yes, MPTCP is responsible for transport of application traffic. Does one
MPTCP connection support multiple applications or just one application? One
application may contain multiple http, is MPTCP aware of each http instance?
In short, is MPTCP connection aware of individual flows that it carries? 

Hope this makes clear.

Thanks,
Lucy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Brim [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:09 AM
> To: lucy yong
> Cc: 'Yoshifumi Nishida'; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] ***SPAM*** 6.106 (5) 答复: ***SPAM*** 6.38 (5)
> 答复: High-level design decisions /architecture
>

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:08:55 +0100

Yong Lucy escribió:
> MPTCP connection support multiple applications or just one application?
one MPTCP connection (wihtout the extended API) looks like just a normal
TCP connection for the application

So, i guess that the answer to your question is one MPTCP connection is
associaed with one application

>  One
no

> In short, is MPTCP connection aware of individual flows that it carries? 
yes, it is aware of each flow, but i think you and me mean different
things when we say flows and subflows

Regards, marcelo

> _______________________________________________
> multipathtcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp
>