Subject: [multipathtcp] Summary: MPTCP implementors meeting in Hiroshima

From: Costin Raiciu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:46:04 +0000

Hi,

There were roughly 10 people at the meeting, with different  
interests. More people that wanted to join were not in Hiroshima for  
the IETF.

The meeting was more to meet each other and to set out a  
implementation plan that gets multipath deployed sooner. As you know,  
there are several ongoing implementation efforts (e.g. the one by  
Sebastien Barre, or mine). We mainly want to make sure a) that people  
implementing multipath talk to each other to share experience and  
make the process simpler and b) we change the stacks in sensible   
ways (e.g. for linux we should be able to port the outcome to the  
main stack). For this we need continued feedback from the  guys with  
the expertise.

One of the Linux kernel coders was at the meeting, and he already  
pointed out important things we need to remember like not increasing  
skbuff struct size (processor cache considerations) . Other people  
implementing IKE (ipsec) showed interest in understanding  
interactions between mptcp; we must use this input to make sure we  
create a deployable  solution.

At a high level, people can get access to the existing code and help  
improve it if they wish; please send us email in that case. We plan  
to have a reference implementation in a short timeline (<6 months),  
that would be publicly available, and would track the status of the  
spec.

Thanks,
Costin

On 17 Nov 2009, at 14:03, Yuri Ismailov wrote:

> Hi Costin,
> On Wednesday last week in Hiroshima I tried to join the implementors
> meeting and did not find anybody at 15.00.
> Apparently I missed some info.
> Could you please update me in few words what was the outcome of the  
> meeting?
>
> Regards
>
> Yuri
>