Subject: [multipathtcp] New MPTCP Drafts

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:51:58 +0100

Hi all,

As you'll have seen, we have made new submissions of the Architecture
and Protocol drafts.

The architecture draft is fairly mature at this stage - a few minor
additions were made in this submission (notably about middleboxes). We
would be very keen to get reviews of this document.

The protocol draft has had a number of significant changes, the
highlights of which are:
* Significant clarification of receive window behaviour and interactions
with DATA_ACK
* Subflow setup heuristics
* Fixed (hopefully!) consistency of option naming; option size analysis;
clarifications of when they should be used
* Checksum and fallback mechanisms for error detection (to work
around/with payload-changing middleboxes)
* Added optional Port to ADD_ADDR; clarified behaviour of REMOVE_ADDR to
avoid hijacking
* Better documentation of error cases when options are lost; and other
improved examples
* Further middlebox discussion

Once again we are very keen on receiving comments, questions and
feedback, and indeed full reviews, of this document. An appropriate
security mechanism for the handshake is one open issue that still
remains; we have a few ideas in the draft at the moment but would be
interested in any suggestions.

We are working on a lightweight, straw-man draft documenting a possible
way to achieve MPTCP with payload encoding. We intend this to act as a
worked example in resolving further discussion about options-vs-payload
as a way to encoding MPTCP signalling.

Regards,
Alan