Subject: [multipathtcp] [Fwd: Notification for draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00]

From: Amanpreet Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:41:31 +0200

Dear all,

this draft is the payload encoding variant that was mentioned in the 
IETF 78 meeting at Maastricht by Michael. This solution was worked out 
as an example for an MPTCP variant not using any TCP options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00.txt

Even though at Maastricht a consensus call has been taken in the WG to 
go for the Options based MPTCP solution, we think we should still share 
this idea with the community.

Thanks,
Aman

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00
Date: 	Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:11:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-singh-mptcp-plmt-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Amanpreet Singh and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-singh-mptcp-plmt
Revision:	 00
Title:		 PayLoad Multi-connection Transport using Multiple Addresses
Creation_date:	 2010-08-06
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 33

Abstract:
The single path transport provided by the Transmission Control
Protocol (TCP) can be extended to a multipath transport session for
multi-homed end hosts by coupling several TCP connections over
multiple interfaces of the end hosts. Payload Multi-connection
Transport (PLMT) is a multipath protocol variant that encodes all
the control/signaling information in the payload of TCP connections
and therefore requires no additional TCP options. PLMT allows for
the simultaneous use of the multiple connections over potentially
disjoint paths while being mostly backward compatible to single path
transport of TCP. PLMT operates as an additional protocol layer
between the network stack and the application layer. This document
describes PLMT as an example for a multipath mechanism that could
possibly be realized entirely in the user-space of an operating
system.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
****************************************************************
*    Amanpreet Singh (M.Sc., B. Engg.)                         *
*    -----------------------------------------------------     *
*    University of Bremen                                      *
*    Technologie-Zentrum Informatik und Informationstechnik    *
*    Inst. of Communication Networks	                       *
*    Room 2310, NW1                                            *
*    Otto-Hahn Allee                                           *
*    D-28359 Bremen/Germany                                    *
*    -----------------------------------------------------     *
*    Phone :     +49-421-218-62380                             *
*    E-Mail:     [email-masked]                     *
****************************************************************