Subject: [multipathtcp] Linux Kernel MultiPath TCP - Call for Testers

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:34:44 +0100

Hi all,

the last months the MPTCP implementation, developed at the UCL Belgium,
has stabilized a lot and numerous features have been added.

We now support any kind of middleboxes and thus MPTCP can be used across
the Internet. SMP can be enabled and Jaakko Korkeaniemi implemented
IPv6-support. Countless other improvements to the performance and
stability have been added.
We are now close to draft-compliance.

A new website is now online at http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be

Numerous ways of installing and using MPTCP are described there. We have
now an apt-repository to automatically install and update the MPTCP
Kernel. Other ways of testing by using a virtual machine are also
described. Additionally, MPTCP can be used on a Nokia N950.

For using MPTCP, I may give you access to an http-proxy and thus you can
browse the web by doing MPTCP :)

Using MPTCP on an every-day basis is very useful to detect the last
corner-case bugs and make the implementation suitable for wide-spread
use and thus consider mainline inclusion in the kernel.

So, please visit http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be, install MPTCP in one of
the numerous described ways and start using it and report the bugs.

Thanks a lot for your testing,

Christoph

P.S.: For more low-level discussions about the implementation,
source-code, configuration,... subscribe to the mptcp-dev Mailing-List:
https://listes-2.sipr.ucl.ac.be/sympa/info/mptcp-dev

-- 
Christoph Paasch
PhD Student

IP Networking Lab --- http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be
MultiPath TCP in the Linux Kernel --- http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be
Université Catholique de Louvain
--