Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00.txt

From: Fabien Duchêne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 17:41:37 +0200

Hello,

This is our draft about the address advertisement that also cover the
load balancing solution that we discussed during the last interim meeting.

Cheers,

Fabien

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 8 Jul 2016 08:34:25 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Fabien Duchene <[email-masked]>, Olivier Bonaventure
<[email-masked]>, Olivier Bonaventure
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fabien Duchene and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr
Revision:	00
Title:		Multipath TCP Address Advertisement
Document date:	2016-07-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP [RFC6824] defines the ADD_ADDR option that allows a
   host to announce its addresses to the remote host.  In this document
   we propose some improvements to this mechanism.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:44:50 +0200

FYI,

This draft describes several issues related to the advertisement of 
addresses in Multipath TCP and explains the bit proposed during the load 
balancing discussion at the interim meeting

URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duchene-mptcp-add-addr-00.txt

Abstract:

---

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 01:48:20 -0700

Hi Oliver, Fabien,

I've read the draft and I am having the following comments on the draft.

1: Reliability
    DSS option doesn't have to be set on all data packets. So, I think
there'll be a good chance to use ADD_ADDR in data packets in most cases.
Also, I am not very sure if we really need to echo back the option for
reliability. Can't we just send ADD_ADDR several times when we are not sure?

2:Backup
   I think MP_PRIO can be sent from other flow by using address id. Isn't
it possible to send ADD_ADDR and MP_PRIO almost the same time?

3: Priority
   I might want to know the use case of this. I would like to know how
having multiple priority can be useful.

4: Path Diversity
   I think path diversity can be varied by routing. Even if two addresses
use the same interface, they might be forwarded to different routes. We
might not be sure if they share common resources.

5: Load Balancing
   A question would be if we want to allocate a flag in MP_CAPABLE for a
single use case.
   I am wondering if we can utilize MP_PRIO to indicate that this is a
"no_join" path, which will be easier for allocating resource.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Olivier Bonaventure <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> multipathtcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp
>