Subject: [multipathtcp] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-mptcp-experience-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:52:03 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mptcp-experience-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-experience/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Stephen's comment, and have a few minor comments of my own
(none of which are showstoppers):

-1, first paragraph: I'm not sure we should describe an experimental RFC
as "standardized".

-1, mention of iOS7: Is this really limited to iOS7 and not future
versions? Would it make since to say that "Since September 2013...is also
supported ... iOS"? (i.e. without the version?)   (Noting that iOS10
released this week...)

- 2.2, paragraph 9: Figure 1 just shows a generic 2 path connection. It
doesn't seem to "summarize" the described scenario.

-2.2, 2nd paragraph after figure 1: I'm pretty sure there are in fact
real applications that transfer bulk data. Do you mean to say that "Some
[or even many or most] real applications do not..."