Subject: [multipathtcp] MPTCP hackathon @ietf97

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:57:31 +0200

Hello,

During the last IETF meeting, we have presented a socket API that allows 
an application to control the underlying MPTCP stack. This socket API 
has been documented in

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hesmans-mptcp-socket-00

and

https://irtf.org/anrw/2016/anrw16-final16.pdf

Since this presentation, Benjamin has improved the code a lot and he 
will release the patch for the Linux kernel in the coming days.

With this new socket API, it becomes possible for application 
developpers to tune their application for MPTCP. We expect that this 
will enable new use cases where MPTCP is used intelligently by the 
client and the server. Benjamin will attend IETF'97 and will organise a 
hackathon on using this enhanced socket API. If you are an application 
developper who would like to better interact with MPTCP, please contact 
us in advance so that we can prepare VMs and other supporting material 
to help you benefit from this hackathon.

If there is some interest in the WG, Benjamin could present a short 
summmary of the lessons learned from this hackathon.

Olivier