Subject: Domain Name Auto-Registration for Plugged-in IPv6 Nodes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:54:28 +0900

Dear All,

How to deal with an item 
("Domain Name Auto-Registration for Plugged-in
IPv6 Nodes" <draft-kitamura-ipv6-name-auto-reg-02.txt>) has not
clarified yet.

So, I'd like to clarify it at the next Atlanta meeting.

I talked with Olafur on this issue. I got comments and suggestions
from him.  The followings is a part of his mail.

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Agenda items for DNSEXT at IETF-45 in Atlanta

> I think the best thing is to advance this document as an informational
> or experimental RFC at this point.

We have agreed with this point.

> I have no problem issuing a working group last call for this as experimental,
> or multiple ones if my AD tell me to.
> 
> Please send a message to namedroppers asking for explicit input on
> how to publish this new protocol. I will give you a slot in Atlanta
> to summarize input and request explicit WG action.

Well then:

My explicit inputs are:
I think the goal of my proposal is to be published as an Informational
RFC. My proposal is tightly related with DNSEXT WG activities and 
it must be reviewed by DNSEXT folks.
So, I'd like to ask to move my I-D to a WG I-D and do a last call.
I believe this procedure must be a natural and simple way.

As above mail shows, I got a slot in the Atlanta meeting.
Please let us know your comments.

As far as I have heard until now.
There were no objections on ideas themselves.
Many people understood importance of this proposal and showed
their understandings.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hiroshi

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>