Subject: Re: Bernstein is a liar (was: in support of axfr-clarify)

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:27:55 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to be on that list. I looked at the page Bernstein posted, and I
didn't see anything on it that was false.  I'm on some--but not all--of
the lists he quotes from and remember some of the messages he quotes. I'm
sure they can be found in archives of those lists.  Accusations of lying
are serious in an acedemic/professional setting.  People stake their
credentials on such things. I'd like to investigate these claims offline,
and report back on findings. I think the name of the should be
djb-investigators so as to not appear prejudical.

		--Dean

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, David Conrad wrote:

> Yowsa.
>
> Based on the number of private email I've received, it appears the
> Danster is nothing if not consistent about lying.
>
> To forestall additional requests: I will not expand on namedroppers on
> the myriad lies, half-truths, misconceptions, irrelevancies, and down
> right stupidities on Bernstein's web site -- the signal to noise is low
> enough already.
>
> Perhaps a separate mailing list should be set up (maybe 'djblies'?), to
> which observations of Bernstein's deceits could be sent?  Problem is,
> it'd be a high volume list...

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Aaron Swartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:29:27 -0600

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>[email-masked] and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

David Conrad wrote:
> Perhaps a separate mailing list should be set up (maybe 'djblies'?), 
> to which observations of Bernstein's deceits could be sent?

I've set up [email-masked] for discussion of D. J. Bernstein. 
To subscribe, send an empty message to 
[email-masked].

-- 
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]
I'll be in SanFran for the Creative Commons launch the week of Dec15.

---

From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 04:47:09 -0500 (EST)

> it'd be a high volume list...

I've kept my eye on you over the years.  Your nasty sometimes.

regards
joe baptista