Subject: Re: Dropping denial of existence of wildcard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:57:06 +1100

I think that dropping denial of existance of wildcards is a bad
	idea.  While it may be difficult to implement it is possible to
	implement the verifier as a library function.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Software Consortium
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:22:45 -0500

At Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:54:46 +0100, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
> 
> The threats model does not document why denial of existence of
> wildcards is needed ("in order to provide the desired services" does
> not specify 'desired').

Just poor writing on my part.  As used in that sentence, "desired
services" means "data integrity and data origin authentication".