Subject: Re: djb-discuss list (was: Bernstein is a liar)

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:10:45 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone noticed that when DJB posts, the prefix message looks
like this:

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  your subscription
address is
  [email-masked], please post from it or, if
you
  wish to regularly post from an address that is not subscribed to this
  mailing list, send a message to [email-masked] and ask
to
  have the alternate address added to the list of addresses from which
  submissions are automatically accepted. ]

While other people's look like this:

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> [ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
>   and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
>   post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
>   message to <listname>[email-masked] and ask to have the alternate
>   address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
>   automatically accepted. ]

Does anyone else find it strange that these should be different?

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>