Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-05.txt

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:48:12 -0800

</chair>
<uncloak> 

<surprise>
confession, other than djb, i have been the other wg member not in
consensus on this document.

as i said in yokohama, i was the one personally uncomfortable with
the axfr document mandating the zone content being maintained
exactly as served by the primary.  i did not see why it was
*necessary* for this to be done, and was hesitant as djb claimed
his implementation would be adversely affected.
</surprise>

yes dan, i was the one holding up progress of this document.

i have recently become convinced that the primary's zone content on
axfrs needs to be preserved purely so that subsequent ixfrs may be
applied.

randy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>