Subject: Complaint on Inappropriate behavior by the Namedroppers Administrator

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:58:18 -0400 (EDT)

This message from Randy Bush is an ad hominem attack in violation of the
IETF Code of Conduct (RFC 3184) and the ISOC Code of Conduct.

The discussion in question arose from a bounce to email sent to the
namedroppers list, for which a complaint was made to the namedroppers
administrator.

I would like to initiate a complaint about the namedroppers administrator.
This is not the first complaint about inappropriate behavior. Several
complaints from Dan Bernstein, myself, and others are well documented, and
have been continuing despite attempts to modify this behavior.

Thanks,

Dean Anderson
President, Av8 Internet, Inc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:53:26 -0700
From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
To: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Dean Anderson' <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: RE: RMX and IP hijacking

> I followed up the URI listed in the bounce message. That is the reason it
> gives for the listing.
>
> There is something wierd going on with that blacklist, one of their
> blacklists is blacklisting my IP address 66.31.xx.xx for being 'in'
> 127.0.0.10 / 32
>
> I don't know if my IP is being blacklisted because their search algorithm is
> broken or they use the notation /32 to mean 2^32 addresses rather than just
> one.
>
> So is Dean still convinced that Spam is not a problem?

this is not a dns protocol issue, and you are responding to a known
troll.  please take this off-list.

randy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Dean Anderson wrote:

> Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Complaint on Inappropriate behavior by the Namedroppers
>     Administrator
> 

This is the IETF so ISOC rules, if any, are irrelevant.

There is no IETF Code of Conduct.

I know because I expected misuse of anything entitled a "Code of
Conduct" no matter what the body of the document said. I had to argue
very long and hard to have RFC 3184 called "IETF Guidelines for
Conduct". "GUIDELINES" not "Code". They merely express what is
desireable. No IETF Official is required to take any action for any
"violation" of RFC 3184.

> ...

Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]