Subject: Re: question regarding wildcards and 2672

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:37:15 +1000

> At 0:20 +1000 6/18/03, [email-masked] wrote:
> >Network Working Group                                        M. Crawford
> >Request for Comments: 2672                                      Fermilab
> >Category: Standards Track                                    August 1999
> >
> >	Please cite the RFC that moves DNAME to experimental.  Note
> >	it is *not* RFC 3363.
> 
> I missed that.  I thought DNAME was experimental.  So DNAME is 
> another standards document that is falling through the cracks.

	I was well aware the draft-ietf-dnsext-ipv6-addresses was
	not making DNAME experimental.  I would have fought any
	attempts to make it experimental.  I think I even said at
	one point "just remove the section on DNAME" in it.

	Mark

> -- 
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
> ARIN Research Engineer
> 
> ...as graceful as a blindfolded bull in a china shop...
--
Mark Andrews, Internet Software Consortium
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:00:13 -0400 (EDT)

The IPSECKEY RR definition draft is nearing WG last call -- this would
be a good time to review the document.

The chairs would particularly like feedback on whether or not the
IPSECKEY record should inherit format definitions from the DNS
Security Algorithm registry -- if someone defines a (DNS)KEY RR format
for Sam's Public Key Algorithm, does it automagically show up as an
IPSECKEY format?

The text in draft-ietf-ipseckey-rr-04.txt is internally inconsistent,
but the intent with this version was that, yes, the formats are
inherited.

Please send all comments to the IPSECKEY list.
  General Discussion: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: [email-masked]
  Archive: http://www.sandelman.ca/lists/html/ipseckey/

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipseckey-charter.html
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipseckey-rr-04.txt

-- Sam