Subject: RE: draft-danisch-dns-rr-smtp-02.txt

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 06:47:21 -0700

> We can't go off in wild directions. We need to know that we will get a
> return on the investment.  Spam isn't a big problem. Its an annoying
> problem. 

If you don't understand how big a problem spam is then your comments are
simply irrelevant.

Spam is the method organized crime uses to run confidence tricks on the
Internet. The people sending this stuff are hard core criminals with
convictions for cocaine trafficking, money laundering, fraud etc.

The volume of spam is such that the ISPs are already taking action.
The FTC and Congress are taking action.

This is not a case where the IETF can say 'we don't think that is a 
problem', refuse to solve it and remain credible.

		Phill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>