Subject: draft-mesta-nfs4id-dns-rr-01

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:02:00 +0200

Dear colleagues,

Rick Mesta has recently posted the following I-D:
 A DNS RR for NFSv4 ID Domains
 draft-mesta-nfs4id-dns-rr-01

The document would benefit from some review by the DNS community.

I've had some private communication with the editor and one of the issues
that came up during the conversation was that the NFS client is supposed
to know its "default domain".

(The "default domain" being what e.g. the res_init() function would
return).

AFAIK the "default domain" is not something that is part of the DNS
specs but I am afraid I am overlooking something. What would be a
proper specification or reference for the "default domain"?

Please try to CC the list on issues that are within scope and try to
keep out-of-scope issues off list.

Thanks a lot.

-- Olaf

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>