Subject: dlv paper published in IEICE Transactions

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:25:25 +0000

in <http://ietcom.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/E88-B/4/1326> we see:

---

IEICE Transactions on Communications 2005 E88-B(4):1326-1330;
doi:10.1093/ietcom/e88-b.4.1326 

Copyright © 2005 The Institute of Electronics, Information and
Communication Engineers 

Special Section on Internet Technology V -- Papers

Preventing Child Neglect in DNSSECbis Using Lookaside Validation (DLV)* 

Paul VIXIE (1)

 1 The author is with Internet Systems Consortium, Redwood City, CA
 94063-3110, USA. E-mail: [email-masked] 

 The DNSSECbis data model has key introduction follow the delegation
 chain, thus requiring a zone's parent to become secure before a zone
 itself can be secured. Ultimately this leads to non-deployability since
 the root zone will probably not be secured any time soon. We describe
 an early deployment aid for DNSSECbis whereby key introduction can be
 done via cooperating third parties. 

 Key Words: DNS, domain name system, DNS security, DNSSEC, secure DNS,
 Internet

 Manuscript received October 5, 2004.  
 
 * This work was supported by Keio University.

---

i regret that while this paper describes sam weiler's contributions (among
others including david conrad, johan ihren, mark kosters, and others), it
fails to cite sam's prior published work in this area, which was:

      S. Weiler, "Deploying DNSSEC Without a Signed Root", Technical
      report 1999-19, Information Networking Institute, Carnegie Mellon
      University, April 2004.

i suppose there's no harm in publishing the draft isc technote on dlv, now.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>