Subject: unbound resolver - feedback requested

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:17:03 +0000

greetings,

after several months of work, we would like to announce the availablity
of the first work product of the unbound project... a validating resolver.

our prototype full-service, iterative-mode, validating DNS resolver is written 
entirely in Java and is licensed under the BSD open-source license.

it may be found here:   http://www.rfc.se/unbound

comments & suggestions welcome.

--bill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:51:15 +0100

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:17:03PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> after several months of work, we would like to announce the availablity of
> the first work product of the unbound project... a validating resolver.

I've pondered doing this as well, the PowerDNS recursor at one point was
only a 1000 lines or so, but didn't do it because I feared too many
applications would start to do their own DNS and not rely on caches.

DNSSEC validation support is good to have of course.

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software 
http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services