Subject: Draft: updated milestones

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:32:05 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Below is an updated milestones proposal. Hereby a few short comments.

Trust-anchor WGLC rollover at Oct 2006 might be to ambitious if we
will  need to combine properties from several drafts. If combining
properties from drafts is to happen than the goal is to be ready with
that work well before the end of the year.

NSEC3 WGLC in October may or may not be doable. Tthis depends on how
fast folk that are involved in workshops can get together again. The
hope is that the current NSEC3 issues list will be addressed soon.

DNAME is new work. Dec 2006 for a final doc is most probably to
ambitious.

Some work on serial arithmetic has been done. It has not been
published yet Dec 2006 may therefore be ambitious.

The Jan 2007 acts as a placeholder for all the work that can/should
be advanced. Around Jan 2007 we plan to see if there are folk that
are interested in working actively on advancing these docs.

If you spot omissions, have comments, or prefer different priorities,
let the list know. After this IETF meeting week we will have a final  
look at these milestones and send them up.

Jul 2006        Finalize trust anchor rollover requirements
Jul 2006        Finalize DNSSEC transition mechanisms
Aug 2006        Finalize Zone Enumeration Requirements
Aug 2006        Version 0 of DNAME clarification (outlined draft)
Aug 2006        Select candidate for working group output for trust  
anchor
                 rollover
Oct 2006        WGLC trust-anchor rollover
Oct 2006        Submit KEY algorithm documents RFC253[69]bis  to IESG  
for
                 proposed standard
Oct 2006        Version 1 of DNAME clarification
Oct 2006        NSEC3 WGLC
Nov 2006        draft-fleming-007-21 ready for publication
Dec 2006        RFC2672bis (DNAME) to Draft Standard or revision, WGLC
Dec 2006        RFC1982 (Serial Number Arithmetic) interop report

Jan 2007        Submit to IESG RFC2845 (TSIG)to Draft standard
Jan 2007                RFC2671bis (EDNS0) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC2136bis (Dynamic Update) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC3007bis (Secure Update) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC1995bis (IXFR) to Draft standard
Jan 2007                RFC1996bis (Notify) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC2930bis (TKEY) to Draft standard
Jan 2007                RFC2181bis (Clarify) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC2308bis (Neg Caching) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC2782bis (SRV RR) to Draft Standard
Jan 2007                RFC3226 (Message Size) to Draft

Done            Forward NSEC rdata to IESG for Proposed Standard
Done            Forward RFC2535-bis to IESG for proposed standard
Done            Forward Case Insensitive to IESG for Proposed Standard
Done            Forward LLMNR to IESG for Proposed Standard
Done            Update boilerplate text on OPT-IN
Done            Forward Wildcard clarification to IESG for proposed  
standard
Done            RFC2538 (CERT RR) to Draft Standard

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/