Subject: NSEC3, UPDATE and adding/removing a zone cut

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:33:36 +1000

UPDATE states that you should be able to add then remove a
	zone cut and have the state of the zone be restored to the
	pre-cut state.  When we add / remove a zone cut with NSEC
	it is relatively easy to preserve the obscured NSEC chain.

        For NSEC3 we don't see the delegation as part of looking
        for the NSEC3 record so we will need to remove / restore
        all NSEC3 records for obsured / revealed nodes.  This
	could be expensive for zones where a large part of the
	zone is obscured / revealed.

        Mark

-- 
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DHCP.  Email [email-masked].
-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>