Subject: superwildcards poc code.

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:51:02 +0100

Some have asked me to put code where my mouth was when I said something 
along the lines that a lot of perceived need for protocol change can be 
taken care of by preprocessing.

Included is a tar-ball that gives a proof of concept of the following:

For every existing name, which includes empty non terminals, add a DKIM 
'policy' record.
Under every existing name, add a wildcard DKIM 'policy' record.

preprocess.pl reads a zonefile (using Olaf's zone parser), analyzes it 
(takes care of all the rules wrt glue, NS, CNAME, DNAME rules, etc) and 
adds records where allowed.

Included is the zone example.com and example.com.processed, or if you 
will, the 'before and after'.

When an authoritative server serves this zone, it will _always_ return 
type DKIM when asked for type DKIM,  as long as the name is in the zone. 
It will never return a name error. 

Hope this helps

Roy

Note, I added type DKIM, which has the same wire and presentation format 
as type TXT, though the mnemonic is DKIM and the typecode is 65326 
(private use range).