Subject: Re: NSEC3 Issue 23: dealing with unknown hashes

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:21:23 +0200

Ben Laurie <[email-masked]> wrote on 08/25/2006 01:17:20 PM:

> Roy Arends wrote:
> > 5) truncate all hash outputs over 315 bits to 315 bits so it will 
always 
> > fit in a single label. The drawback here is that the 2nd-preimage 
> > resistance of a hash function is then restricted to 2^315, and thus 
less 
> > futureproof.
> 
> Woah, what future is this? The one where every atom in the universe has
> 2^200 domain names?

Yes. That future. :-)

Roy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:32:11 +0200

> > Woah, what future is this? The one where every atom in the universe has

Keeping the DNSSEC faith requirers some big leaps of the imagination I think
:-)

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software 
http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services