Subject: [dnsext] Re: draft-kerr-ixfr-only-00.txt

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:52:58 +1000

Old
   However, when a slave has multiple masters for a single zone, it is
   possible that not all masters has the same set of serials for that
   zone.  In this case, if a slave attempts an IXFR from a master which
   does not have the serial in use by the slave, the master will fall
   back to a full zone transfer (AXFR).

New
   However, when a slave has multiple masters for a single zone,
   it is possible that not all masters has the same set of serials
   for that zone.  In this case, if a slave attempts an IXFR from
   a master which does not have the serial in use by the slave and
   the master has a serial which is greater than the slaves, the
   master will fall back to a full zone transfer (AXFR).

Clients need to handle NODATA responses to IXFR-ONLY requests from
ixfr-only unaware masters.

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>