Subject: [dnsext] WikiNameDroppers?

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:33:51 -0400

Noting the recent discussion about recharter, and the more recent Subject:
"Notes on the DNS standard", perhaps IETF ops area could setup a Wiki, and
the edit login could be exported from (restricted to) membership of this list.

Each section of the many existing standards could be on a separate page, as
having each document on a page would be too much.

That way, edits could be compared to the base (that is, existing RFC), and
each other.  Once the knowledge has accumulated to a particular version,
that could be published as another RFC.

I'm pretty sure that MediaWiki even has a "flagged revisions" extension
that would allow checkpoints in the discussion for each publication.  Or,
start a new set of pages....

We really don't *have* to continue using nrchbar (nroff change bar, for
the uninitiated)....

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>