Subject: [dnsext] Heads up: WGLC and recall

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:10:19 -0400

Dear colleagues,

This is hardly going to be a surprise, since I accidentally sent this
note (and another) as an attachment to the WG mailing list rather than
my co-chair.  Sorry, Olafur.

This note serves two purposes.

First, this is a recall notice on draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname.
The draft is currently at -21.  This draft previously went through
WGLC at version -17, and needed some more work.  In the opinion of the
document shepherd (me), all the issues with that document are
addressed.

Accordingly, I plan to send the document to our AD in one week, on
2011-04-20, unless I hear an objection.  I will treat previous LC
comments as pertaining to the current draft.  If you wish to review
the draft more fully, but will not have time before the 20th, please
let me know so that I can adjust my timetable.

Note that in this case, silence will be taken to be consent.

In addition, to address the issue of RCODE for CNAME and DNAME, we
will process draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-03.txt as a WG document.
Look for an independent WGLC message on that.

Best regards,
Andrew (as documents shepherd)

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.
_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:48:32 -0700

At Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:10:19 -0400,

> document shepherd (me), all the issues with that document are

As far as I remember there's a minor open issue on this draft:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg10339.html

At this stage, I'd personally suggest removing section 3.2 because
according to the technical discussion the conclusion seemed to be it
didn't make sense and because no one has complained about
compatibility in existing implementations or deployment.

But if the majority of the wg thinks it's too minor to block this
document further, I don't object.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext