Subject: [dnsext] Protocol Action: 'DNAME Redirection in the DNS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-25.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:12:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNAME Redirection in the DNS'
  (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-25.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname/

Technical Summary

  The DNS DNAME RRTYPE redirects subtrees of the domain name
  space. This memo updates the original specification found in RFC
  2672. It also aligns RFC 3363 and RFC 4294 with the revision.

Working Group Summary

  The DNS Extensions Working Group has spent a considerable amount of
  time on this document. It is the product of extended review. The
  chairs believe the WG consensus to be strong.

Document Quality

  The document is partly the result of experience with the original
  DNAME specification, and highlights a number of issues that have
  proven troublesome in practice. In the opinion of the WG, the draft
  clarifies these issues without introducing wire changes to the
  protocol.

Personnel

  Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]> is the Document Shepherd.
  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible Area
  Director.

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext