Subject: (NAT) RSIP QoS interaction

From: Jeffrey Lo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:13:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

In an attempt to write up a section for the RSIP framework draft
<draft-ietf-nat-rsip-framework-03.txt> on RSIP interaction with Intserv
QoS signalling model using RSVP, I would like to hear more about your
opinion on how the RSVP model would fit into the RSIP scenario. In
particular, we are interested in the more general case of having a
unicast receiver on the private network contacting a sender on the
internet, as follows :

		    Tunnel                    Internet
	Receiver ============= RSIP gateway ------------- Sender

There are a number of scenarios to consider and it seems that some of the
ideas mentioned in draft-ietf-rsvp-tunnel-04.txt are relevant. Any
thoughts of how RSIP implementation on the RSIP gateway would complicate
RSVP or vice versa?

What's the status of draft-ietf-rsvp-tunnel-04.txt?

----

Jeffrey Lo
C&C Research Labs,
NEC USA, Inc.
Tel : (408) 943 3033
Fax : (408) 943 3099

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.