Subject: (NAT) New ISDN/Analog Modem Always-ON technology RAS implementations on PM4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:43:29 EDT

A major ISP in UK using PM4 with PRI has confirmed technical feasibility to 
switch an incoming DSO to a particular Modem unit , by assigning incoming DSO 
 TDM Bus Slot corresponding to the Modem Unit (note this is already being 
regularly done at Console Initialisations , just need to dynamically accesss 
this TDM assignment functions after extracting the Caller-ID ). This is just 
one of several methods.

The part about Exchange Switching Software reserving the same DSO is also one 
of several possible implementation. In fact, ISP could just as easily 
implement at their premise a "PBX front end" (just like a live human operator 
inserting incoming reconnecting calls to the correct TDM bus time slots/ 
Modem unit ..etc). Actually the main Identification here being Caller-ID, not 
necessarily needing reconnecting incoming calls landing on the same DS0 
implemented on Exchange Switching Software.

Yes, V.92 Modem-on-Hold requires Call Waiting & the direct physical 
end-to-end PSTN circuit is maintained all the time (just held in wait duiring 
telephone calls) , BUT not always strictly necessarily here. AND our patent 
predates v.92... 

Interesting initial comments...

Kind Regards,
> Bob
> IWXChange, Inc
> http://www.freesurfs.co.uk
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.
List archive: <URL:http://www.portmasters.com/archives/>