Subject: [nbs] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00]

From: Javier Ubillos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:18:14 +0100

In this draft, I'll try to capture the API/Behaviour discussions.
See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nbs/current/msg00098.html

// Javier

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 00:56:14 -0800 (PST)

A new version of I-D, draft-ubillos-name-based-api-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Javier Ubillos and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ubillos-name-based-api
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Name Based API
Creation_date:	 2010-12-01
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
Today, networked applications typically make use of name-oriented
network abstractions.  There is a myriad of application development
frameworks who provide abstracted APIs allowing applications to refer
to their peers by name.  These abstractions normally only provide
application-layer protocol functionality.  They are normally uni-
lateral solutions, the support for the protocol used is implied by
the service accessed on the remote peer(s).

We suggest a unified API for networked applications.  Isomorphic to
the existing name-based solutions, but with added network-related
functionality.  Providing an existing application-layer protocols
with network features such as mobility, multi-homing, IPv4/IPv6
interoperability, NAT-traversal and so on...

The IETF Secretariat.