Subject: [Nea] Comments on Section 7 - Requirements

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:01:18 -0400

C-2:  This requirement is unclear as currently worded and seems to
assume use of a particular access control technology. Suggest rewording
to "NEA protocols MUST  allow posture assessment to occur prior to an
endpoint gaining normal network access and after such network access has
been achieved." Omit the next couple of sentences.

C-5: Either remove examples or make more inclusive e.g SSL, TLS

PA-4: The term session is overloaded and hence confusing. Do you mean in
a single PT connection (where the definition of connection is defined by
the PT protocol itself)?

PB-1: What result and remediation attributes are being referred to here?
The overall posture result? Best to generalise and say carries PA
attributes and  attributes specific to PB layer.

PB-3: Since the term session is best defined by the protocol definition
itself, could the reqt be worded as follows:? The PB protocol MUST be
able to correlate messages in a multi-message dialog between a NEA
client and server.  This allows each party to send multiple messages
before the dialog is complete.      

PT-1: us -> use

PT-7, PT-8: Not clear what is meant by the term restricted session. I
think these have been covered in the general protocol requirements so
can be omitted.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea