Subject: [Nea] Comments on Section 5 - Reference model

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:58:18 -0400

Section 5 First para, pg 10-11: 

Ist para, 3rd and 4th sentence: A few edits to make encapsulation more
explicit:
... The model includes the major components of the NEA Client and Server
and their 
relationships, as well as the protocols they use to communicate at
various levels. 
While the diagram shows 3 layered protocols, it's envisioned that PA is
encapsulated within PB which in turn is encapsulated in PT. PA is a
thin, message wrapper around a set of attributes. PB is primarily a
lightweight message batching protocol, and may carry PB-layer
attributes. PT transports PA and PB. 

Section 5.1.1: NEA Client

Add that the NEA client is also responsible for receiving posture
compliance results and any recommendations for remediation.

I think reference to endpoints without a client should be omitted since
this is not in scope.

Section 5.1.1.1: Posture Collector

1st sentence, 1st para, p12 does not read well. Change to:
The Posture Collector is the component that is responsible for
responding to requests for posture information from the NEA server. The
Posture Collector is also responsible for receiving assessment decisions
and remediation instructions.  

Last sentence, 1st para, p13: Move earlier in paragraph after the above.
i.e. Posture Collectors may also be capable of evaluating rules and 
asserting posture decisions.  

2nd para, p13: Re identification of Posture collectors
Is it necessary to mention how the posture collectors get their name in
this I-D? Also, I can't tell what the difference is between static and
dynamic by the examples given. 

In addition, the name is primarily used by the NEA server (with PBC
acting as intermediary).

Section 5.1.1.2 Posture Broker Client
Add that the PBC has responsibility for receiving and possibly asserting
the overall endpoint compliance result.

Section 5.1.1.3 Posture Transport Client
Is the reason for several PTC in an NEA client, the need to deal with
different PT protocols? Need to clarify.

Section 5.1.2 NEA Server
I would leave out the sentence that says the PBS and PV may not be
co-located since it is not in scope. 

Section 5.1.2.1 Posture Validator

3rd para p 16:
Similar comment to one above.

Section 5.1.2.2 Posture Broker Server
Add to list of responsibilitiies to send overall compliance result to
PBC.

Section 5.1.2.3 Posture Transport Server
Analogous comment to 5.1.1.3.

Section 5.2.2. PB protocol
Rather than introducing session terminology in this draft, can we just
say that PB protocol may need to establish context during an assessment
of a particular NEA client?

Section 5.2.3. PT protocol
First para, 2nd-4th sentences: I think this requirement should be
removed from here and is best stated as part of the overall NEA protocol
requirements in Section 7. See related comments in that section.

Section 5.3
The PB protocol supports receiving and possibly asserting  the overall
posture result attribute as well?

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea