Subject: [Nea] PA-subtypes

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:59:04 -0700

Hi All,

I wasn't sure if the topic of PA subtypes was still open, but I was  
curious if anyone on the list had brought up the topic of device- 
drivers or "kernel extensions" as a way to indicate one way of sub- 
dividing the monolithic term "operating system".  It seems reasonable  
to assume that someone might want to update a PKCS-11 driver or some  
other security-related kernel extension/module without updating the OS  
(from the perspective of remediation).  Would not "kernel extension"  
be a good subtype designator for any type of uniquely identifiable/ 
upgradeable module in a system?

At the moment, if there was a request for kernel extension  
information, the request would have to target the "operating system"  
subtype, which would be potentially a problem.

Thanks!
Randy

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea