Subject: [Nea] Call for a volunteer for due diligence effort on Posture attributes

From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:42:59 -0400

At IETF 72, our AD, Tim Polk, encouraged the WG to put real effort into
ensuring that the set of posture attributes is as complete as possible
prior to standardization of the protocol I-Ds. Otherwise, the danger is
that different vendors will implement their own version of a common
attribute and it will be too late to create a standard version. One way
to do this is to survey attributes supported in existing (and even past)
products. Another source of input is looking at different types of
endpoints, such as the recent input on the NEA mailing list from the
Printer working group.

Rather than imposing further on the editors of the protocol documents,
we are requesting a volunteer who is willing to drive this due diligence
effort. If you are interested, please contact Steve and me directly by
Monday Sept 29.  The goal is to have a first draft of the output of this
effort for WG consideration prior to IETF 73.

Thanks
Susan and Steve
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea