Subject: [Nea] IEEE/PWG Hardcopy Device Health Assessment Attributes

From: Randy Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:12:34 -0700

Hi All,

The link below is a reference to the IEEE-ISTO/Printer Working Group  
(PWG) Hardcopy Device Health Assessment Attributes specification.   
This is a draft specification that is entering a "last call" phase  
within the PWG, and with this transition, the PWG is soliciting  
external review of this document.  This document is a work item of the  
"Imaging Device Security" (IDS) working group within the PWG.

NOTE: The PWG is only seeking opinions and comments on the PWG  
document referenced in the link below. The PWG is NOT seeking to  
reopen discussion on existing NEA PA or PB drafts. The attributes  
included in the PWG document would be enabled through use of the IANA  
Private Enterprise number assigned to the PWG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idsattributes10-20090218_ncb.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As might be expected, this document is NOT in text-based I-D format,  
but originated as an MS-Word document and subsequently converted to  
PDF. Apologies if this format is inconvenient for anyone.

The PWG-IDS WG would definitely appreciate any comments and  
suggestions from the NEA WG regarding any part of this document,  
especially the attribute definitions and how they might be used in  
real world applications. The end of the PWG last call review period is  
April 29th 2009, so hopefully this will provide enough time to collect  
all comments and suggestions.

Thanks very much for your comments!
Randy