Subject: [Nea] Report on NEA WG @ IETF 74

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:58:03 -0400

While we're waiting for the official NEA WG minutes,
you may be interested in the summary below.

Thanks,

Steve 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Stephen Hanna
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [saag] NEA WG report

The IETF NEA WG met on Monday afternoon.

We reviewed the changes in our current Internet Drafts,
draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc-03.txt and draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-03.txt.
We also discussed the comments received in the recently
closed Working Group Last Call. The spec editors presented
proposals to address all the comments and no concerns
were raised. These proposals will now be forwarded to
the NEA WG email list to verify WG consensus. Then new
versions of the specs will be prepared and these versions
will be submitted to the IESG for their review, requesting
approval as Standards Track RFCs. This will complete our
current set of milestones.

Discussion then turned to our next steps. We need to identify
or develop PT standards since this is the last thing needed to
have fully interoperable systems based on the NEA protocols.
We need to recharter slightly to work on PT since our current
charter says that we won't do anything else until PA and PB
are done.

Tim Polk (our AD) said that we can start work on rechartering
as soon as we have sent PA and PB to him. He suggested that
our recharter focus only on PT for now. Other work related to
NEA (like Assertion Attributes) can proceed as individual
submissions, which can be discussed in the NEA WG and adopted
as WG drafts via rechartering when they are sufficiently mature.
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag