Subject: [nemo] IPv6 prefix delegation

From: "Pekka Pääkkönen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:44:35 +0200

Hi ,

I was wondering is IPv6 prefix delegation for the links of a Mobile Network part of NEMO-WG focus?
Should NEMO pay attention on this subject at all or does it belong entirely to some other working group?

Pekka Pääkkönen

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:16:56 -0500

Hi Pekka,
      The original discussion of prefix delegation occurred on
the IPv6 WG mailing list.  The zerouter BoF being held in Atlanta
is also going be interested in the subject.  I can see where NEMO
needs to be involved as well.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu<[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Oct 2002 15:22:56 +0100

> needs to be involved as well.

The word "delegation" is also related to security delegation ideas
having been circulated on this list when discussing about LFNs
delegating their MR to do RO on their behalf.  Or something like
that.  Pekka Nikander and Erik Nordmark IIRC.

Alex

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu<[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Oct 2002 15:50:06 +0100

> needs to be involved as well.

Brian, where does NEMO need to be involved with prefix delegation?

Thanks,

Alex

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:46:37 -0500

> Brian, where does NEMO need to be involved with prefix delegation?

When a mobile network connects to a new site, that site may
be using prefix delegation in order to communicate with the
stationary router.  Several prefix delegation models allow
for the negotiation of things like the routing protocol to use
for the connection.

Regards,
Brian