Subject: [nemo] Re: [monet] Nemo WG approved

From: "Youn-Hee Han" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 00:19:12 +0900

Hello Thierry!

This is good news for me and other NEMO researchers.
I am very interested in the RO issues in NEMO, and 
have the plan of submitting a RO-related draft in this WG.

However, I heard from your presentation at our company that 
we should work on the basic support of NEMO by the the 
spring in 2003. I want to know the clear division between 
the basic support and the extended support. Of course, I already 
read the new charter which decribes the detailed basic and 
extended support. However, if you would tell the highlight 
or crux about the two supports in this mailing list, I could appreciate you. 
Also, please let me know some open issues about the basic support.
I think that the job on the above request will be good guidance 
for many NEMO researchers.

Cheers,
Youn-Hee Han.
Samsung AIT

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:45:53 +0900 (JST)

Dear Youn-Hee Han,

> I want to know the clear division between 

There were a few threads about this on the mailing list before IETF
Yokohama to which you can refer to. Basically, it is assumed that
optimizing routing is a complex task to conduct but we would like to
have a quick solution for applications that don't bother with these
routing issues. So, basic support will offer what is needed to
maintain ongoing sessions while extended support will be offered later
as an optimization.

> for many NEMO researchers.

Basically, issues in basic support is one of the topics that we will
have to discuss on this list.

Thierry.