Subject: [nemo] draft-ng-nemo-access-router-option-00.txt

From: ChanWah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:32:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

We have published a draft on a proposal for overcoming the Nested-Tunnel Optimization. 
This draft introduces an access router option in BU messages, allowing MR to inform their
HA the global address of the NEMO-enabled AR the MR is attached to.  If the AR is also
mobile, the global address will be the HoA of the mobile AR.

Using this, the HA can now independently construct an extended RH2 (as proposed by Pascal
et al) instead of relying on RRH (again, proposed by Pascal et al).  It is difficult to
establish the legitmacy of a RRH, we hope the access router option will provide a means
to reduce the security threats in constructing extended RH2.

We understand that RO is not the focus of the working group at the moment, but we do
believe that there are parties interested enough to look at developing RO solutions in
parallel to basic, so that when the time comes for the WG to look at RO, a reasonably
well thought out solution is already available.  We thus invite interested party to
comment on the draft.

You can find the draft at any of the following URL:

http://www.nal.motlabs.com/nemo/drafts/draft-ng-nemo-access-router-option.txt

http://www.psl.com.sg/draft-ng-nemo-access-router-option-00.txt

Thanks,
Chan-Wah Ng

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/