Subject: [nemo] list admin stuff: when subscribing use a meaningful email address

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:38:50 +0200

Hi all,

I'm addressing this message to all potential new subscribers to the NEMO
mailing list (this list), but not to the existing subscribers.

When subscribing to the NEMO list, please use a meaningful email address
that reflects somehow your identity.  Email addresses containing first
name and/or last name are the ideal choices.  Also, good choices may
contain the string "nemo" or "ietf" or "software" or "protocol" or
"hacking" or similar in the name part.  Even "temple of saint nemo"
sounds good.

Very bad choices are constituted by some apparently random strings, such
as "[email-masked]" or "[email-masked]" or other strings
usually generated by mass UCE such as "[email-masked]" or
"[email-masked]".

I'm continuously banning subscription of such bad email addresses, on a
first come first served basis; but I never ban subscriptions of
meaningful addresses, such as "[email-masked]".

In case of problem subscribing to the NEMO list, please write to
[email-masked], Chairs and myself are aliased to it.

Thanks,

Alex