Subject: [nemo] Updated draft(Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-02.txt)

From: Masayuki Kumazawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:46:06 +0900

Hello all,

I would like to inform you that we have submitted the -02 of the  
duplicate network detection for split mobile network.

The draft tries to address an issue on a NEMO with multiple MRs, 
or the (n,*,*).

On the (n,*,*), sharing MNPs among multiple MRs will provide benefits 
of multihoming such as load balance, redundancy, and so on.

However, a Home Agent has no way to know whether MRs claiming a same 
MNP are connected to a same NEMO-link or not.

If the HA acknowledges BUs of MRs claiming the same MNP from separate 
NEMOs, some packets will not reach a correct recipient.

The Token based DND addresses the issue using tokens.

All comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Token based Duplicate Network Detection for 
                          split mobile network (Token based DND)
	Author(s)	: M. Kumazawa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-02.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
When multiple Mobile Routers share the same prefix, a Home Agent must
   be able to verify whether the Mobile Routers share the same Mobile
   Network or not.  Otherwise, the Home Agent may not be able to forward
   a data packet to a correct recipient since the recipient may not be
   connected to the mobile router the Home Agent chooses to forward the
   packet.  This document describes a Token based Duplicate Network
   Detection mechanism that enables a Home Agent to detect whether
   multiple Mobile Rotuers claiming the same prefix are in the same
   Mobile Network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
---- inline file
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
-----------
M.Kumazawa