Subject: RE: Netconf for network health/state monitoring

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:42:22 -0500

hi
 
For me, I think it's a bit early to draw a general conclusions from what
I've seen from people trying to do general network health/state
monitoring.  I'm tempted, but I'll hold off until I am sure what
problems are real and which are just anticipated.
 
As far as the hierarchical management scenario, I am seeing much more
interest in other XML-based network management solution for the manager
to manager interface than in using Netconf there. But, note that is the
same thing I saw with SNMP, with the exception of one particular product
family. Others may have different experiences.
 
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ntanzi Carrilho
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Netconf for network health/state monitoring

Hi

Is there a study around that shows how any of the netconf
implementations
performs when used for general network health/state monitoring?

Also, is there a way to use netconf in a hierarchical management
scenario,
where there are top level managers, mid level managers and the monitored
nodes?

Regards
Ntanzi

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:49:58 +0200 (SAST)

> to manager interface than in using Netconf there. But, note that is the

Can you provide me with some examples of those solutions so that I can
take a look at it.