Subject: RE: Q: No max/ minMax length of anything?

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:31:52 -0500

<Andy>
> We decided (and nobody objected) that the message-id attribute is
> maxLength="4095".
> Other than that, all data types are constrained AFAIK.  We don't
control 
> the URL limits.
</Andy>

<Martin>
There are a few which aren't constrained:

    confirm-timeout  is a positiveInteger (no upper bound)  (could e.g.
                          have been unsignedInt)
    error-app-tag  is a (unbounded) xs:string
    error-path  is a (unbounded) xs:string
    error-message  is a (unbounded) xs:string

Then there is the rule that any attribute in the <rpc> element must be
copied to the <rpc-reply>.
</Martin>

I think Andy meant to say that the other data types were *not*
constrained?

<Martin>
Apart from that there is normal XML-stuff; the url length you mentioned,
the number of xmlns attributes, length of element and attribute names
etc.  (A clever implementation can handle these anyway).
</Martin>

I could not find any constraints on these in normal XML sources. Are
there? Could you point to source?

Thanks,

Sharon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:58:10 +0100 (CET)

> there? Could you point to source?

No, that's what I meant - there are no constraints on these, but it's
not NETCONF-specific, it's XML. 

/martin