Subject: lock on candidate

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:21:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Another detail.  Section 8.3.5.1. talks about lock on the candidate.
It says:

   To facilitate easy recovery, any outstanding changes are discarded
   when the lock is released

What does 'discard' mean here?  Does it mean the same as
<discard-changes>, which copies the *current* running to the
candidate, or does it mean the state the candidate was in before the
lock was set?

/martin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0500

Yes, all outstanding changes are discarded, which effectively
restores the candidate to the current running config.

Thanks,
 Phil