Subject: RE: Netconf Event: Issue #1: To RCP or Not to RPC

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:40:33 -0500

hi

Ok, the sense that I'm getting from this thread is that people are
invested in the analogy of the <rpc> tag to a traditional RPC.  It's not
useful to open up that debate, so I propose just accepting it and
removing one of our three options off the table to resolve this issue.
This leaves us with two:

1) Have a wrapper around the <notification> called something like
<one-way-message> which contains the message ID similar to the <rpc> tag
and also can appear in the same box in the Netconf Layer Picture.

2) Compress the two layers and move the message ID into the
<notification> and replace the Netconf Layer Picture with a more
complicated one that accurately shows this change in layers (Like the
one Andy suggested at one point).

Sharon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>