Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-05-20

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read and edit configuration data
from a NETCONF server.  Part of this data may not be set by the
NETCONF client, but rather a default value is used.  In many
situations the NETCONF client has a priori knowledge about default
data, so the NETCONF server does not need to save it in a NETCONF
datastore or send it to the client in a retrieval operation reply.
In other situations the NETCONF client will need this data as part of
the NETCONF <rpc-reply> messages.  Not all server implementations
treat this default data the same way.  This document defines a
capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol that allows the
NETCONF client to identify how defaults are handled by the server,
and control whether default values are part of NETCONF <rpc-reply>
messages or <copy-config> output to a file.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.