Subject: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5717 (2657)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:30:01 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5717,
"Partial Lock Remote Procedure Call (RPC) for NETCONF".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5717&eid=2657

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: B Viswanath Reddy <[email-masked]>

Section: Appendix C

Original Text
-------------
Step 6 - Lock user Joe

   <nc:rpc
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
         message-id="104">
     <partial-lock>
       <select xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
|         /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </select>
     </partial-lock>
   </nc:rpc>

   The NETCONF server grants the partial lock.  The scope of this second
   lock includes only the <user> node with name Joe.  The lock protects
   all data below this particular <user> node.

   Step 7 - Receive lock

   <nc:rpc-reply
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
     message-id="104">
       <lock-id>2</lock-id>
       <locked-node xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
|           /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </locked-node>
   </nc:rpc-reply>

Corrected Text
--------------
Step 6 - Lock user Joe

   <nc:rpc
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
         message-id="104">
     <partial-lock>
       <select xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
|         /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </select>
     </partial-lock>
   </nc:rpc>

   The NETCONF server grants the partial lock.  The scope of this second
   lock includes only the <user> node with name Joe.  The lock protects
   all data below this particular <user> node.

   Step 7 - Receive lock

   <nc:rpc-reply
     xmlns:nc="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:partial-lock:1.0"
     message-id="104">
       <lock-id>2</lock-id>
       <locked-node xmlns:usr="http://example.com/users">
|           /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]"
       </locked-node>
   </nc:rpc-reply>

Notes
-----
The instance identifier /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]" must be replaced with /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]"

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5717 (draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Partial Lock Remote Procedure Call (RPC) for NETCONF
Publication Date    : December 2009
Author(s)           : B. Lengyel, M. Bjorklund
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:41:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

The report is correct - the prefix "usr:" is missing in these two
cases.

However, there is actually another error in these two expressions -
there is a trailing " character after each expression.  So:

OLD:

        /usr:top/usr:users/user[usr:name="Joe"]"

NEW:

        /usr:top/usr:users/usr:user[usr:name="Joe"]

/martin