Subject: [Netconf] (no subject)

From: Rohit R Ranade <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 08:13:02 +0000

Hello,

I have been working on RESTCONF based APIs at the client side. I have a scenario where there are two modules at Server which have same name but different namespaces. Is there any mechanism to resolve this conflict ?
As per YANG RFC 6020, I do not see any restriction that module names must be unique.
How do I sent a HTTP request which reaches the intended module( say Module-A of NamespaceA) ?

Eg:
Module-A --> NamespaceA
Module-A -> NamespaceB

Note: The resource path for the URI is also same. Making the module names unique is not an option.

Kindly help to provide a solution.

With Regards,
Rohit

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:21:12 +0100

Rohit,

RFC 6020 says:

   Private module names are assigned by the organization owning the
   module without a central registry.  It is RECOMMENDED to choose
   module names that will have a low probability of colliding with
   standard or other enterprise modules and submodules, e.g., by using
   the enterprise or organization name as a prefix for the module name.

The way RESTCONF and the JSON encoding work, module names that collide
do actually break things. Clashing module names may also cause harm
when it comes to YANG imports (unless you use import-by-revision that
the revision dates resolve the ambiguity).

/js

> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>