Subject: [Netconf] NP-containers: 3 issues

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:15:39 -0700

Hi,

There are 3 separate issues here of importance.

1) YANG Data Model: how NP containers work in the conceptual data model?

2) Protocol Interaction Models: how specific protocols (NETCONF, RESTCONF)
handle NP-container access?

3) RFC Publication Process: how much can be done with Errata statements?
(When will NETCONF <edit-config> be moved from YANG 1.1 to NETCONF1.2?)

I am not sure any of these issues have been decided after MBs of email.

For (1), the current draft is clear wrt/ instances in the accessible tree

For (2), there are some that say use the operations intended for your
use-case
(merge/remove) and others that say make special rules for create/delete.

For (3), this looks like a significant change, not really an editorial
bugfix.
We need to wait to see the proposed edits, but changing major protocol
behavior in the NETCONF protocol, using an errata for the YANG RFC,
doesn't seem like a good idea.

Andy