Subject: [netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8640 (6886)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 07:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8640,
"Dynamic Subscription to YANG Events and Datastores over NETCONF".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6886

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>

Section: A. 4.

Original Text
-------------
 <rpc message-id="601" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
   <establish-subscription
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-subscribed-notifications">
     <stream>NETCONF</stream>
     <stream-xpath-filter xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-vrrp">
       /vrrp-protocol-error-event[
          vrrp:protocol-error-reason="vrrp:checksum-error"]
     </stream-xpath-filter>
   </establish-subscription>
 </rpc>

Corrected Text
--------------
 <rpc message-id="601" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
   <establish-subscription
     xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-subscribed-notifications">
     <stream>NETCONF</stream>
     <stream-xpath-filter xmlns:vrrp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-vrrp">
       /vrrp:vrrp-protocol-error-event[
          derived-from-or-self(vrrp:protocol-error-reason, "vrrp:checksum-error")]
     </stream-xpath-filter>
   </establish-subscription>
 </rpc>

Notes
-----
The original example put <stream-xpath-filter> element in a wrong namespace, never defined a namespace binding for prefix "vrrp" and checked a value of type identityref by treating it as an XPath string literal (instead of using the XPath function from RFC 7950, which is allowed by type definition of leaf "stream-xpath-filter").

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8640 (draft-ietf-netconf-netconf-event-notifications-22)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dynamic Subscription to YANG Events and Datastores over NETCONF
Publication Date    : September 2019
Author(s)           : E. Voit, A. Clemm, A. Gonzalez Prieto, E. Nilsen-Nygaard, A. Tripathy
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG