Subject: [netconf] Protocol Action: 'Conveying a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in a Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP) Bootstrapping Request' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 11:49:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Conveying a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in a Secure Zero Touch
   Provisioning (SZTP) Bootstrapping Request'
  (draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-sztp-csr/

Technical Summary

This draft extends the "get-bootstrapping-data" RPC defined in
[RFC8572] to include an optional certificate signing request (CSR)
[RFC2986], enabling a bootstrapping device to additionally obtain an
identity certificate (e.g., an LDevID [Std-802.1AR-2018]) as part of
the "onboarding information" response provided in the RPC-reply.

Working Group Summary

This document flowed through the NETCONF WG process
fairly quickly because the original draft was well written, and
the idea and solution well understood.  There have been good
discussion and reviews in the WG and the YANG model was
altered to accommodate the requirements from the ANIMA
WG, that wish to reuse some of the structure definitions.

Document Quality

The document is well written.  There is one known
implementation by one of the draft authors. The YANG module
has had a YANG doctor review.

Personnel

Document Shepherd is Mahesh Jethanandani
Responsible AD is Rob Wilton.